Wind Energy Benefits
Wind Energy Benefits Fact Sheet
The Wind Powering America team produced an updated fact sheet (PDF 584 KB) outlining the top benefits of wind energy.
- Wind energy is cost competitive with other fuel sources.
- Wind energy creates jobs.
- Wind energy is an indigenous, homegrown energy source that helps to diversify the national energy portfolio.
- Wind energy can provide income for rural farmers and ranchers, as well as economic benefits to depressed rural areas.
- Wind energy is an inexhaustible renewable energy source.
- Wind turbines do not consume water.
- Wind energy is clean.
- Wind energy systems have low operating costs.
- Wind energy can be used in a variety of applications.
- Wind energy is one of the most popular energy technologies.
This information was last updated on 5/5/2011