Agricultural Outreach Articles
Electricity from the Wind series of articles was designed to support agricultural outreach efforts. The articles explore wind energy issues as they relate to the rural/agricultural community. These articles are available to media outlets in your state, especially agricultural media outlets. The articles may also be used as handouts when attending agricultural group meetings.
- Electricity from the Wind: A New Lesson for Schools
- Electricity from the Wind: What Landowners Should Know
- Electricity from the Wind: The New Cash Crop
- Electricity from the Wind: Wind Energy and the Natural Gas Crisis
- Electricity from the Wind: Economic Development for Rural Communities
- Electricity from the Wind: USDA Farm Bill Section 9006 Provides Funding for Farm and Ranch Wind Projects
Media outlets should feel free to edit these articles according to the requirements of their publications, but we request that the following byline at the end of the article remain intact: "[insert your organization's name] prepared this article with information provided by the Department of Energy's Wind Powering America Program. For more information, please visit http://www.windpoweringamerica.gov."
Publications that wish to include photos with the articles can visit the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Photographic Information Exchange and order high-resolution images.
If you have questions or comments about these articles or suggestions for future articles, please contact Ruth Baranowski, phone (303) 384-6973.